A Mother's guide

A Mother's guide for helping physically delayed children play with personal tips and toy reviews.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Loving Memory of Kai Samuel Lucas April 7, 2009 - August 14, 2011


Kai Samuel Lucas passed away peacefully in his mother's arms on Sunday, August 14th, 2011. Although his life was short, it was filled with great happiness and love. The love he showed to everyone he met was and is an example to be followed by all. His smile will live in our hearts forever.



The sweetest letter I have ever received:

Dear Jessica,
     As your nurse care coordinator, I find myself once again, needing to make a referral. Since I believe in God and heaven, I called God, in my usual way, and told him about Kai. I didn't have to tell him about insurance benefits or anything like that, and right away, God said he had the most perfect place for Kai and that he was just waiting for him - and that he already knew he was coming.
     God did tell me though, not to send any of the equipment because Kai won't be needing any of it. Everything he needs will be right there until his family comes later. To be honest, this referral was much easier than changing from Apria to Childrens Home Care - But... also much harder.
     So, as usual, I want all of our bases covered, and Jessica, this one is for you. A paved pathway for a very special boy with big blue eyes and the most gorgeous eye lashes.
     Some people stay away from the hospital after you leave, and some people come back. Whatever you decide just know that there are going to be times when I think of you - and remember....

1 comment: