A Mother's guide

A Mother's guide for helping physically delayed children play with personal tips and toy reviews.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pillow Pets


Pillow Pets are awesome... Aside from being really cute, they are incredibly soft - which is what Kai always loved. Of course when I saw these in the store I wanted to try one out for Kai. I chose the Bee because of the long antennas. I was hoping that they would help Kai be able to play with the pillow. It worked great. Since Kai's hands were fisted, I could wrap his fingers around the antennas with the pillow sitting on top of his chest and he could hold on and move the bee from side to side. Added bonus... the ball at the end of the antenna kept his hands from sliding off!
The only problem with the bee pillow was that it was a little too big and heavy for Kai to move around more than just side to side while on his back. A few months later I saw that they came out with smaller pillow pets. I think these would be light enough for Kai to really move around. I did notice that the antennas are a little shorter than on the full size pillows. They may have been long enough for Kai's little hands to hold on to, but I assume he would have outgrown them pretty quickly as he grew. Unfortunately I wasn't able to try the smaller ones out, but I would recommend other parents do. Kai received other pillow pets as gifts but was unable to play with them because there just wasn't anywhere for him to hold onto, although he did get to lay on them and loved the soft feel... There are a few other pillow pets that have the same type of antennas that the bee had to choose from, like the lady bug and the butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment