A Mother's guide

A Mother's guide for helping physically delayed children play with personal tips and toy reviews.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Assistive Technology Info

A few months ago one of Kai's therapists told me about a mother who was researching the use of apps for her child. We talked for awhile on the subject and I have been really curious about the topic for some time. It sounds like a great idea to use computer programs or apps to help Kai communicate and play. I found this blog: atclassroom.blogspot.com and it has some great info on this topic. I can't wait to try some of the gadgets out with Kai. I really hope he can use some of them but I thought I would share the info so others can try with their little one's. Let me know how they do!

1 comment:

  1. I must say I am so impressed with this blog! It separates App programs by levels (beginner, intermediate, etc.) and some of the apps act just like switches. You can pay $160 or more from what I have seen for switches and these apps do the same thing and are $10 to $30! I just need to mess with them to see how Kai can use them as well as switches. If anyone has experience using them, let me know how they have worked for you.

    ReplyDelete