A Mother's guide

A Mother's guide for helping physically delayed children play with personal tips and toy reviews.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Medical supply storage system

Kai has a tracheostomy and is on a ventilator. He gets respiratory treatments every three hours using a cough assist, suctioning, nebulizers and puffs. He has oxygen needs and has a sand bed for spinal fractures. Needless to say, Kai has a lot of medical supplies! So I thought I would share the system I am using. It has been working great so far and is pretty inexpensive.

I bought two Trofast frames and storage boxes from Ikea. The frames I purchased are forty bucks each and the storage boxes range from three to five dollars each. Total cost for each of my shelving units was about $75.00 for the 12 unit frame and $60.00 for the 4 unit frame.They are great because you buy the storage boxes separately and they have many different sizes to choose from. You can customize it by using the size storage boxes you need. Then I label them for the nurses. It has worked great so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment